The Ergon Lisboa RSP is an homage inspired by work of luthier Rolf Spuler, of Paradis Guitars.
The bookmatched Tamo ash top was kindly provided by the customer, who was an aquaintance of this great guitar builder. A testament to how wondeful works of art can continue to generate more art, even after the original creator is sadly no longer with us.
I was suprised to see the similarity of the curves of our designs when I traced the Lisboa next to the outline he left. I hope this instrument continues the same path of inspiring others, just like Rolf was the inspiration for this guitar.
Each musician’s artistic identity is an opportunity to create custom guitars with new and groundbreaking designs.
– 1 piece hodurian mahogany neck with dovetail slide-in set-thru joint
– Ebony fingerboard
– 25″ scale
– 12″ radius
– 22 Jescar Evo Gold medium frets
– Luminlay side dots
– Inlayed 12th fret position marker
– Double-action trussrod (custom single stainless steel rod)
– Ebony string guide with Evo Gold zero fret
– Schertler tuners
– Fully hand-carved hollow body
– 2 piece bookmatched figured Tamo ash top over a 1 piece hondurian mahogany back
– Customized XGP solid brass tune-o-matic style bridge and custom cymbal brass tailpiece
– Custom cover plates made from cymbal brass
– Flush-mounted Jim Dunlop Straploks
– Häussel custom staggered humbucker pickup with ebony cover
– Bourns pots, 1 Volumes, 1 Tone
– Rubio Monocoat Oil and Wax
– Richter leather strap
– Lifton 59″ Reissue hardcase
– 2.600 Kg
For availability and prices, please contact us.
Photos by Rodrigo Sérgio.
Electronics by Simon Marx of Guitar Rehab Lisbon