Amarante de Souza-Cardoso II
The Ergon Amarante de Souza-Cardoso II. Inspired by the portuguese painter Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso, born in Amarante and one of the most renowed modernist painters of his time.
It is one of the guitars that belong to the RED Collection, envisioned by the Projects of Three, a collaboration between the luthier Adriano Sérgio (Ergon Guitars), Michael Spalt (Spalt Instruments) and Ulrich Teuffel (Teuffel Guitars).
Ergon Amarante de Souza-Cardoso. Inspired by the portuguese painter Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso, born in Amarante and one of the most renowned modernist paitners of his time.
This instrument is a companion piece of the Amarante de Souza-Cardoso, first exihibited in the Art Fair Tokyo 2019, Japan.
– 1 piece hondurian mahogany with dovetail slide-in set-thru joint
– Ebony fingerboard
– 25″ scale
– 12″ radius
– 22 Jescar Evo Gold medium frets
– Luminlay side dots
– Double-action trussrod (custom single stainless steel rod)
– Ebony string guide with Evo Gold zero fret
– Schertler tuners
– Fully hand-carved archtop body
– 2 piece bookmatched figured hondurian mahogany top over 1 piece khaya mahogany back
– 320bridges wraparound style bridge with switchable ebony or brass saddle
– Custom cover plates made from cymbal brass
– Häussel custom humbucker pickup with ebony cover
– Bourns pots, 1 Volume, 1 Tone
– Pure-Tone Multi-Contact Jack
– Flush-mounted Jim Dunlop Straploks
– Rubio Monocoat Oil and Wax
– Richter leather strap
– Benedyck ARTcase with bespoke inner structure
– 3 Kg
Photos by Rodrigo Sérgio.
Electronics by Simon Marx of Guitar Rehab Lisbon.